In the current environment, marketing has become a necessity. With the amount of competition any business (new or old) has to face, marketing is an essential tactic to make your product more visible to the public eye. Marketing campaigns help you in standing out among your competitors. Marketing also allows you to get more eyes on your products and can aid in better targeting your intended audience. When it comes to different types of marketing, social media marketing cannot be ignored. Social media has become a big part of our daily lives. Most people spend most of their daily time on social media. All businesses take full advantage of the benefits of social media marketing. Social media marketing involves account creation on all major platforms and posting content that is creative and engaging.
About Facebook Ads
Facebook ads have become an effective way for business owners to advertise their products and services. Facebook alone has more than 2 billion monthly users. By using Facebook ads, companies can bring more eyes to their products by using the right strategies and targeting the right demographic. There are currently more than 7 million advertisers present on this social media platform that is actively involved in advertising activities. Unlike other marketing channels, Facebook marketing is not completely reliant on budget. Facebook ads system works like an auction. The first thing any person needs to know before they can start running their ad campaigns is the working of the Facebook ad auction. Once a person understands how the ad auction works, they can better optimize their Facebook ad expenditures. Unlike a conventional auction, the highest monetary bid doesn’t always win the auction. The winner is usually determined by the quality of the ad and the overall value created by the ad for its target audience. This article will focus on Facebook Ads manager and how it can be used effectively to meet your advertisement goals.
What is Facebook Ads manager?
According to Facebook: “Ads Manager is your starting point for running ads on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, or Audience Network. It’s an all-in-one tool for creating ads, managing when and where they’ll run, and tracking how well your campaigns are performing toward your marketing goals. With the Ads Manager app for iOS and Android, you can keep an eye on your campaign while you’re on the go. Wherever you are, you’ll have the power to create and edit ads, track their performance and manage ad budgets and schedules.”
How to use Facebook ads manager?
You can get started with your Facebook ads manager by following the steps below:
1. Create a Business manager account
To start things off, we are going to need a business manager account. A business manager account is necessary if you want to start advertising your products or services on Facebook. A business manager account allows you to access your ads and business pages on Facebook. In case you are running a team of employees, you can grant access to an employee to manage your account. You can set up your business manager account by following the steps below:
- Navigate to business.facebook.com to start the process.
- Select Create Account and follow the instructions to create your account.
- Provide all the important information like Business name and contact information (email address, phone number, etc.).
- You can now set up your Ad account to start your advertising campaigns. To do this, navigate to Business Manager Settings.
- Select the Ad Accounts option below People and Assets.
- Then finally click on Add new Ad Accounts and then pick Create a new Ad account.
- After creating your account, you can then add your billing information and choose your payment method.
2. Getting started with Facebook Ads manager
After following the listed steps, you are now free to navigate the Facebook Ads manager as you, please. Facebook Ads manager allows you to do the following activities:
- You can use Facebook Ads manager to set up your ads and ad campaigns.
- You can use Facebook Ads manager to target your intended audience. Every business has a specific audience, and the success of an ad campaign depends upon whether the right audience is targeted or not.
- Facebook Ads manager also allows you to monitor your ad campaigns and see how well they are performing. Further changes can then be made to improve the performance of your ad campaigns.
3. Deciding your ad objective
When setting up a new ad campaign, Facebook Ads manager will ask you to select an objective for the campaign you are about to create. An ad campaign can be used for multiple purposes, like increasing product exposure or selling services or goods. The campaign objectives offered to you are:
- Awareness campaigns target improving the exposure of your business products. The more eyes you have on your brand or product, the better.
- Consideration campaigns focus on increasing public engagement with your business. This could include generating traffic to your site, increasing the number of app installs, and generating new leads.
- Conversion campaigns focus on promoting conversions and increasing product sales.
Depending upon your objective, you can select any of the above options for your campaign.
4. Select your audience
Facebook allows you to target your specific audience with the use of multiple filtering options. This ensures that your ads are targeting the right people and are more likely to generate positive results. You can select your audience based on factors like age, gender, location, education, language, languages, interests, and many more. You can also create custom audiences if you want. A Custom Audience is an ad targeting option that lets you find your existing audiences among people who are on Facebook. You can use sources such as customer lists, website or app traffic, or engagement on Facebook, to create Custom Audiences of people who already know your business. You can create up to 500 Custom Audiences per ad account.
Another way to gain more customers is through Facebook lookalike audiences. The lookalike feature allows Facebook to find new customers for you based on the attributes of your previous customers. Facebook tracks the behavioral data of your customers and uses it to target customers who have similar interests. Lookalike audiences have helped generate new customers and sales for many clients, as the newly targeted individuals are most likely to be interested in the products you are offering. You can base your lookalike audience on your custom audience or data collected from the Facebook pixel.
5. Decide your budget
You can select the amount of budget you want to spend on each ad campaign created. The budget can be spent daily, or you can decide to pay over a certain period. There is no winning formula for deciding the ideal budget for an ad campaign. The best way to determine this is by trying different tactics and seeing the results for yourself. It is ideal to let a campaign run for at least a week, so you can evaluate its performance. Facebook usually suggests a $20 budget for daily ads, but you can adjust this according to your needs.
Facebook ads work like bidding in an auction. You will be contending against many other people for advertising space on the platform. Depending upon how much you are willing to bid on your ads, your ads may be selected by Facebook for display over other ads. Facebook gives you the option to set your bid manually or automatically. These are:
- In automatic bidding, Facebook will decide your bid on its own. This option is preferable if you don’t know how much you want to bid. Facebook will check your ad budget and then spend it in a way to give you the best possible results.
- Manual bidding involves choosing the maximum amount you will spend daily on your ads.
Factors like ad quality, ad relevance, estimated action rates, and the amount of money you bid determine whether you win the auction or not.
6. Deciding your ad placement
Facebook Ads manager will also give you the option to decide where your ads will be displayed to the users. In addition to your ads being displayed on Facebook, they can also appear on Instagram (also owned by Facebook) which provides further exposure. Your ads can pop up on:
- Facebook’s desktop News Feed
- Facebook’s mobile News Feed
- Instagram’s mobile News Feed
- Facebook Messenger
- Audience network
- Facebook’s desktop right column
7. Creating your ad
Facebook gives you a lot of options when it comes to the types of ads you want to use in your marketing campaign. Different kinds of ads allow companies to be creative with their ads and do their best to capture a person’s attention. If you are looking to advertise on Facebook, then the following are some of the ad formats you can use:
- Image ads: The most simple, plain, and effective type of ads. These serve as a great jumping point if you are new to the world of Facebook ads.
- Video ads: The next logical step, video ads allow you to create videos that can run in stories, News feed, and as a part of videos during streaming.
- Carousel ads: These ads pop up in the form of a collection of images or videos, which can be up to 10 in number. These are effective for highlighting multiple products or multiple aspects of a single product.
- Messenger ads: With more than 1 billion monthly users, the messenger app is also an effective platform for showcasing your products.
- Dynamic ads: These ads allow companies to target customers based on their interests. This is based on the kind of pages and posts visited by a potential customer.
Other forms of ads that can be used include poll ads, slideshow ads, Instant experience ads, collection ads, stories ads, lead ads, etc.
8. Placing your order
After you are done creating your ad, you can then click on Place Order to finish. Your ad will then go through an approval process. When it comes to Facebook ads, keep in mind that you will be facing a very rigorous process for approval of your ads. Any elements of your ads that do not meet the standard guidelines will lead to the rejection of your ad. The approval process can also take up to 24 hours or more. Once approved, your ad will then go live.
9. Evaluating campaign performance
You can use Facebook Ads manager to evaluate the performance of your ad campaigns. You can check metrics like the number of clicks, number of impressions, and conversion rate. The foundation of any good business is data. The data obtained from your marketing campaigns help you in optimizing your marketing strategy to the max. Therefore, it is always a good practice to measure and track all of your marketing activities and campaigns. The data obtained can be analyzed to make further improvements and introduce new tactics. Measuring and tracking also help you in improving your customer acquisition strategy.
In short, Facebook Ads manager allows you to create, manage and track your ads. By using Facebook Ads manager, you can manage all your ad campaigns on the go, allowing you to stay updated regarding any change. As always, it is suggested that you should be experimental and creative with your ads to see what works and what doesn’t.