Mobile apps are now a huge part of people’s lives, they are the new norm and the new buzzword in digital marketing. With over 2.2 billion mobile app downloads last year, it’s clear that there is an app for almost everything and people love it. With the rise in mobile usage, it’s more important than ever for brands to have a mobile-focused marketing strategy that acquires new users, engage, and retains them. But how do you get people to download your app? What tools to use? Well, in this article we will talk about the top 3 tools you need for app marketing. Those tools will help you understand what is happening within your app, how your users behave, will help you do A/B testing to enhance your in-app flow, and finally, will help you keep an eye on the organic part of app marketing including app reviews.
What are Mobile measurement partner “MMP” App Marketing Tools
An MMP is a third-party attribution software that collects, attributes, and organizes data from ad channels in order to provide you with a unified and unbiased view of a campaign’s performance. It’s simply a tool or a software development kit “SDK” that you install within your app, it works on tagging and standardizing mobile app data from various sources through API accesses and special configuration to provide marketers with a single source of truth to analyze the overall performance and success of a marketing campaign from multiple sources.
The unbiased view here is simply attribution performed by MMPs, and it’s you MMP telling you where an install/signup/trial came from. Such information will help you understand what ad channel works better for your business. There are many MMPs out there, all of them are useful for marketers that want to measure performance from several ad channels because they provide deeper insights across multiple platforms.
Here are the best MMP App Marketing Tools without order
- Adjust: it’s the mobile marketing platform for growth-driven marketers who are working on rapidly growing their apps. They provide a single platform for attribution, campaign automation, and data privacy and protection. They promise you accurate and high-quality data modeling.
- AppsFlyer: it’s an open platform that provides the measurement, analytics, engagement, and fraud protection technologies marketers will need to get the answers to all questions and make good decisions. They promise an accurate measurement while protecting users’ privacy without affecting the information needed for marketers’ decision-making.
- Branch: it’s an enterprise-grade solution designed to increase end-to-end user engagement and provide a holistic measurement of marketing effectiveness across all devices, channels, and platforms. They promise the best in class mobile attribution, embracing the post-IDFA world with Branch’s Predictive Modeling.
- Firebase: Backed by Google, and gives you a bunch of solutions that covers building & managing backend infrastructure, monitoring & analyzing data, and engaging your users via push notifications, and much more.
Product analytics App Marketing tools
According to McKinsey reports, data-driven startups are 23x more likely to succeed in acquiring customers and 19x likely to be profitable faster than other startups. But to be a data-driven startup, you need the right product analytics stack of tools from many tools and vendors out there. And each tool in your stack should complete the other one, not replace it because having many options isn’t really the best thing all the time and you could easily lose track of what tool does what or overwhelm your team.
Here are a couple of Product analytics App Marketing tools that will help to put your team on the right track
- Optimizely: Optimizely claims to be used by +9000 businesses helping them create digital experiences through data-driven decisions, continued experimentation, and constant invention. With Optimizely, you can A/B test app onboarding, feature discovery, and re-engagement strategies. It gives you many A/B testing features such as instant updates, traffic splitting, event tracking, easily enabling, disabling, hiding, or rolling out a product feature at runtime, and much more.
- Mixpanel: self-serve product analytics tool that claims to be trusted by over 26,000 companies. It helps you answer many questions with their powerful reports. Here are some of the questions they help you answer;
- How is my product used? Here you see what features are most popular among your users.
- Where and why do users drop off? Using their easy-to-use funnel reports.
- Which users retain best? Understand who are those that stick around for your business.
But why is this important?
Marketing is all about understanding people, your customers, your users. The most successful brands have done many experiments, they built ultimate experiment labs to understand what their customers want or do, what is working, what isn’t and mobile marketing needs such experiments!
And testing, experimenting, personalization processes could be hard, time-consuming, and overwhelming. However, the right tool will help make everything easier and Optimizely is one of many tools that helps you build your ultimate experiment lab to build a successful brand.
ASO App Marketing tools
App store optimization “ASO” is crucial for the success of your mobile app or mobile game. But, it’s not an easy task. To do it the right way, you need the right ASO App Marketing tools to help you do many tasks at the same time. From automating boring tasks, improving the visibility of your app, boosting conversions, and giving you an unfair advantage.
Here are a couple of helpful ASO tools
- AppFollow: it’s used by big brands including Robinhood, Hubspot, Discord, and others to monitor app performance, user reviews, organic growth… and much more. Their app review management solution provides a rating dashboard, a unified inbox to reply to all user reviews, automation, customer support KPIs, and Integration with help desks including Zendesk, Salesforce, and more. Also, they provide other helpful features/tools that help you boost organic growth. These include Organic Traffic Dashboard with KPIs, Metrics to measure ASO success, keyword popularity trends, keyword research automation, and much more.
- The tool by Appradar: One Tool for iOS and Android ASO. This ASO App Marketing tool helps you easily track visibility in search, manage your localizations, visualize your App Store & Play Store data for later analysis and it give you an ASO score. Also, they have a bunch of other features that help you do keyword research, keyword ranking, and competitor analysis.
But why do you need such a tool for App Marketing?
The more downloads your app gets, the better. But does every click on your store listing become a download? The answer is NO. Users check your app store ranking, reviews, and app description before they download your app. Which makes taking care of such elements vital for your mobile app marketing. The higher the click-to-download rate, the more downloads you get, right?
However, the process of optimizing for a higher click-to-download rate is time-consuming. As you will need to do keyword research, trend and competitor analysis, reply to every review, calculate your performance metrics….etc. And here you will need such tools to help you save time, automate tasks, and monitor performance.
These aren’t the only App Marketing tools you need to succeed. It’s a tough market out there with so many apps in both the app store and the google play store. This means that it’s difficult to discover and download your app. The good news is, having an agency partner who is experienced and dedicated to mobile app marketing will help increase your chances to succeed.
Agencies will support your success with a full stack of App Marketing tools. That covers everything from optimization to automation which is the unfair advantage you should give your business. That’s it for this one, like and share. Ciao!