Admiral Media Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy
This website is operated by Admiral Media (“we” or “us”).
What information do we collect?
At times we or our analytics partners – such as Facebook Analytics or Google Analytics – may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information.
We may gather the following information about you when you use this website:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Mobile device ID
- Information provided by you in relation to submitting a job application to us (this may include sensitive personal information e.g. ethnic and origin)
How do we use it?
We will use your personal information in the following ways. We are also required by law to state a “legal basis for processing”, i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below:
How we will use your personal information
- to provide you with information that you have requested e.g. a newsletter
- to respond to specific queries you may raise regarding Admiral Media
- to provide you with better ways of accessing information from this website;
- to process and consider your job application or service inquiry
Our legal basis for processing
Our legitimate interests:
– we use your personal information to help us to deliver the best online experience to you and other website users.
– we use your personal information to assess your job application, and to keep you updated throughout the application process and service inquiries.
Do we pass your information to third parties?
We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates and third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information if we or any of our assets are the subject of a sale or similar corporate transaction. We will ensure that the third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential.
We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, including, but not limited to, fraud.
List of Partners that may receive information
How do we use your information for marketing?
We will only provide information to you that you have asked for via the website.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your information for only as long as needed.
What are cookies?
We may use information obtained from cookies or similar technology. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which we download onto your computer or device when you visit our website. Therefore, when we refer to “you” in this section we mean your computer. We can recognise these cookies on subsequent visits and they allow us to remember you.
Cookies come in many forms. We have set out below the main types and categories of cookies that are used. This section refers to all types and categories of cookies and not just those we use on our website.
- First and third-party cookies – whether a cookie is first-party or third-party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user, the website displayed in the URL window. Third-Party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookie – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information on the pages visited.
These cookies collect information about how users use a website, for instance which pages users go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve how the website works.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features.The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity to other websites.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies – these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisation such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
If you want to delete any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
Third Party Websites
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at the following address: email@example.com